Un-dull your crocheted sweater with a little creativity. Adding some decorative details and features to your clothing will do wonders for fashion, and could hide unsightly holes! Embellishing with crochet can be a creative way to repair a piece of clothing, and it can add flair to a piece by inserting a neckline or a hem.
You Will Need
* Crochet thread
* Crochet hook
* Crochet pattern
* Knit clothing
* Sewing pins
* Needle and thread
Step 1: Crochet the insert
Crochet the insert. Inserts can vary from a lace neckline to flowers to a simple doily.
Step 2: Choose a garment
Choose a piece of clothing for the project. Get creative and modify an old sweater with a hole on the sleeve, or spruce up a new dress that is a little too plain.
Step 3: Position the insert
Decide where to put the insert on the garment and then pin it in place on the outside of the garment.
Sew the insert in place with long, loose stitches, also known as basting, to help hold the insert in place.
Step 4: Whipstitch the insert
Thread the needle and use tiny whipstitches to secure the insert in place.
In 1793, Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin, a revolutionary machine that separated cotton fiber from the seeds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades