Now that you have learned how to knit ribbing, you will have to know how to bind off ribbing. If you have knitted something that needs to have a stretch to it, such as socks or a neck, this is a very important technique to know.
Here are the instructions for binding off ribbing:
1. Knit the first 2 knit stitches.
- Insert left needle into the front of the stitch you knitted first, and pull it over the second stitch and completely off the needle. Put your index on the 2nd stitch to hold it in place and keep it from falling off the needle. One stitch is now bound off.
- Knit one more stitch, insert left needle into first stitch on right needle, and pull it over the new stitch and completely off the needle. Two knit stitches are bound off.
2. Purl the next 2 purl stitches.
- Insert left needle into front of the 1st stitch on the R needle. Using the L needle, pull the 1st stitch up and over the 2nd stitch. One purl stitch has been bound off.
- Pull right needle forward and let stitch drop off. Purl another stitch and repeat what you did on the last purl stitch.
3. Continue on binding off the knit stitches knit-wise and binding off the purl stitches purl-wise.
- When you pull the yarn through the last stitch, leave a long tail to use later for sewing if you are working on something with a seam, otherwise cut it short and weave it in if it's a scarf or blanket.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades