For the knitted purses pictured above, as well as other knitted items requiring a drawstring, like a cinch sack, you will need to know how to crochet the drawstring cord. Watch the video for instructions, and check out the brief steps below.
- Tie the yarn in a loop around the crochet hook.
- Hold the yarn with your left hand.
- Using the crochet hook, pull the yarn through the loop. You now have one stitch.
- Continue in this manner, repeating these steps until the cord is as long as you want it.
- If you pull the stitches too tight, it will be hard to pull the next one through, so keep them on the looser side.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: