For the knitted purses pictured above, as well as other knitted items requiring a drawstring, like a cinch sack, you will need to know how to crochet the drawstring cord. Watch the video for instructions, and check out the brief steps below.
- Tie the yarn in a loop around the crochet hook.
- Hold the yarn with your left hand.
- Using the crochet hook, pull the yarn through the loop. You now have one stitch.
- Continue in this manner, repeating these steps until the cord is as long as you want it.
- If you pull the stitches too tight, it will be hard to pull the next one through, so keep them on the looser side.