For the knitted purses pictured above, as well as other knitted items requiring a drawstring, like a cinch sack, you will need to know how to crochet the drawstring cord. Watch the video for instructions, and check out the brief steps below.
- Tie the yarn in a loop around the crochet hook.
- Hold the yarn with your left hand.
- Using the crochet hook, pull the yarn through the loop. You now have one stitch.
- Continue in this manner, repeating these steps until the cord is as long as you want it.
- If you pull the stitches too tight, it will be hard to pull the next one through, so keep them on the looser side.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.