How to Decrease Stitches on a Purl Row
Usually you decrease on Knit rows, but there will be times when your patterns tells you to decrease on a Purl row. It's easy to do and here's how.
- Put your needle through 2 stitches as to Purl.
- Put the yarn around BOTH STITCHES and Purl off.
- You have decreased one stitch.
- Continue to do this decrease when ever needled.
- Decreases are usually at the beginning or end of a row, but sometimes you will need to decrease all through the row.
- Use the 2nd and 3rd stitches in if you are decreasing at the beginning of a row.
- Use the 2 stitches before the last one if you are decreasing at the end of the row.
To learn how to Purl, check out this article.