Watch this instructional video to accomplish the knitting technique: M1R / M1L: Make One Right / Left. A make one, abbreviated M1 in knitting patterns, is an increase stitch. In some instances the slant of the increase does not matter, but, when it does, it's helpful to know how to make one left-slanting and how to make one right-slanting. A make one right slanting is abbreviated M1R:
Bring the tip of the left-hand knitting needle under the strand between stitches, from back to front. Knit this loop.
A make one left slanting is abbreviated M1L:
Bring the tip of the left-hand knitting needle under the strand between stitches, from front to back. Knit through the back of the loop.
Hope this knitting demonstration helps your skills!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades