Watch this knitting instructional video for tips on mastering the twisted cord knitting technique. This is a fast, easy cord, and, with a sturdy fiber, it makes a durable bag handle.
Start with a piece of yarn that is four times longer than the desired length of the finished knitted cord.
Double this piece and knot the two ends together. For a long cord, you will want to hand the knotted end to a patient helper to hold, or slip it around the leg of a chair as you stand on the other side of the room.
This knitting demonstration uses a short length that you can hold between my hands.
You want to add enough twist that, when relaxed, the cord begins to double back on itself. The more twist, the sturdier the cord will be.
When you have added enough twist, fold the cord at the midpoint and let it twist back on itself. Knot and trim both ends. Voila! You have just learned how to do the twisted cord knitting technique. Hope you enjoyed this knitting tutorial video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades