Most of the time you will increase on Knit stitches. You can see my article on that here. However, there will be times when you will need to know how to increase on a Purl stitch. Here's how:
- Put the needle in the front of the stitch as normal.
- Put the yarn around the needle and start to pull the stitch off, but don't pull it out.
- Twist the same needle around, pulling to the front of the stitch.
- Put the needle into the back of the same stitch.
- Put the yarn around the needle.
- Purl it off.
YOU HAVE ADDED A STITCH!