The bamboo stitch is a beautiful, versatile stitch that can be used for lots of different kinds of projects. I especially love using it for baby blankets and scarves. It is an easy, reversible stitch. Both sides aren't the same, but both are very nice looking.
Here are the instructions for making thebamboo stitch:
- Work on a multiple of 2 plus 1 (uneven number of stitches).
- Row 1: K1, *YO, K 2, pass the YO the 2 knitted stitches, repeat from *
- Row 2: Purl all stitches
- Repeat these 2 rows for pattern
- This stitch does tend to curl in, so if you're using it for something flat such as a blanket or scarf, I would advise you to add a border of garter stitches or a picot hem to all sides as in the photo below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades