Chances are, if you have some elder relatives who have paid you a visit during the holidays, then you probably have more than your fair share of cable-knit sweaters in various ugly Christmas designs. While we're certainly not a fan of these types of sweaters, the cable-knit technique is one that is used very commonly in knitting and is one of the most basic.
If you want a relatively easy knitting pattern to practice, then watch this knitting tutorial to learn how to knit basic cables.
Cables are one of the most traditional knitting techniques, whether they are classic textured ropes, twists, or braids. Each episode in Series 300 will start out with beginning tips and techniques, so you can freshen up on your knitting basics. In this "Getting Started," Eunny Jang demonstrates the basic rope cable and how to read a cable chart.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades