This instructional knitting video demonstrates how to knit a cable cast on. Start by making a slip knot with a 6" tail and place it on the left-hand needle with the working yarn coming from the back. Knit a stitch in the slip knot loop, but leave the slip knot on the needle. Give the new loop a half-twist and place it on the left-hand needle. You now have the first two stitches. For all subsequent stitches, knit each new loop between the last two stitches on the left-hand needle. Cable cast ons create a tightly woven border which is very good for knitting ribbing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades