How to Knit An I Cord
Knitting an I Cord seems like a mystery, but it's quite simple. There are lots of uses for an I CORD. Some ways to use an I Cord include using them for handles on a purse or bag. An I Cord can also be used for ties on hats or it can be used as a decorative add-on to embellish a garment.
- One thing to remember is that you MUST use a double pointed needle.
Step 1 Cast on 3 stitches.
- Cast on 3 stitches onto your double pointed needle.
Step 2 Knit the 3 stitches.
- With your second double pointed needle knit the 3 stitches.
Step 3 Push the stitches to the other end.
- Do not turn the work, but PUSH the stitches to the other end of the double-pointed needle.
Step 4 Knit the stitches.
- Knit the stitches, pulling the yarn from the last stitch FROM THE BACK to the new beginning in front. Make sure you pull the thread tight!
Step 5 Pull the yarn through.
- With a large eyed needle pull the yarn through all the stitches and cut.
Step 6 Weave in yarn.
- Weave in the yarn from both ends.
- Make sure you pull the first stitch tight.
- For a thin cord use thin yarn.
- For a thicker cord use thick yarn or one more stitch.
- Use the yarn from both ends to attach the cord.