How to Knit a Flower Headband
This is a very nice HEADBAND that can be used plain or decorated with a FLOWER. I made mine wide (4 1/2 inches), but you can make yours as wide or narrow as you want.
I used Softball Cotton and a size 6 needle.
Cast on 3 stitches.
- Leave a long tail to use for the crochet cord.
- Increase 1 stitch each end every other row till you have the width you want for your headband.
- Continue knitting till the piece is almost as long as you want it to be, about 10 inches, allowing for the other triangle edge at the end.
- Decrease 1 stitch every other row till there are 3 stitches left on the needle.
- Cut the yarn, again leaving a long tail for the crochet cord.
- Pull the yarn through the 3 stitches.
- Crochet a cord at both ends with the tails.
- Attach the flower on one end with either sewing thread or extra yarn.
- For instructions on how to knit the flower see my article on how to knit a decorative flower.