This is a beautiful stitch that can be done on any size needle and with any size yarn. When you use a small size needle and thin yarn it will come out looking very delicate. When you use a larger needle and bulky yarn it will come out thick and cozy. It's also fun to mix 2 or 3 different colors of yarns to get a tweed effect. When you do this you will definitely have a one of a kind piece that is unique to you. This would be a wonderful gift. If you're doing a baby blanket you could use different pastels. For a man's scarf you could use different earth tones. Don't be afraid to experiment! This stitch is easy because you knit every row the same and you don't have to think about it. I think you'll end up loving this stitch as much as I do.
- Cast on as many stitches as you want.
- K1,*YO, k2tog REPEAT FROM * END K1
- If you don't have one stitch at the end of the row to K1 add a stitch on this row.
- If you have 2 stitches left at the end of the row, K2 tog on this row.
- Repeat this stitch pattern OF K1*YO, k2tog, on every row until you have reached the desired length.
- Watch the video for a demonstration.
- This is a beautiful stitch for a baby blanket or a scarf or shawl. Try it with different sized needles and yarn to see how different it can look using the suggestions above.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.