Ribbing on double pointed needles is quite simple.
Here's what to do:
- Cast on as many stitches as you need onto only one of the needles. Be sure to cast on an even number of stitches.
- Start ribbing for an even number of stitches. It can be K2, P2, or any combination of stitches you choose.
- Use the second needle and continue in the rib stitch for another number of even stitches
- Use the third needle and continue in the rib stitch till you get to the end. Make sure to start with knit stitches and end with purl stitches.
- Use the fourth needle and join the stitches, making sure not to twist.
- Put a marker to signify the beginning of the round.
- Starting with knit stitches, continue knitting in the rib stitch all around.
- Continue ribbing for as long as you want your ribbing to be.
- Make sure you pull the yarn tight when you change needles. Otherwise you will have ladders.
Learn how to knit ribbing in my previous article.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.