Ribbing on double pointed needles is quite simple.
Here's what to do:
- Cast on as many stitches as you need onto only one of the needles. Be sure to cast on an even number of stitches.
- Start ribbing for an even number of stitches. It can be K2, P2, or any combination of stitches you choose.
- Use the second needle and continue in the rib stitch for another number of even stitches
- Use the third needle and continue in the rib stitch till you get to the end. Make sure to start with knit stitches and end with purl stitches.
- Use the fourth needle and join the stitches, making sure not to twist.
- Put a marker to signify the beginning of the round.
- Starting with knit stitches, continue knitting in the rib stitch all around.
- Continue ribbing for as long as you want your ribbing to be.
- Make sure you pull the yarn tight when you change needles. Otherwise you will have ladders.
Learn how to knit ribbing in my previous article.