Ribbing on double pointed needles is quite simple.
Here's what to do:
- Cast on as many stitches as you need onto only one of the needles. Be sure to cast on an even number of stitches.
- Start ribbing for an even number of stitches. It can be K2, P2, or any combination of stitches you choose.
- Use the second needle and continue in the rib stitch for another number of even stitches
- Use the third needle and continue in the rib stitch till you get to the end. Make sure to start with knit stitches and end with purl stitches.
- Use the fourth needle and join the stitches, making sure not to twist.
- Put a marker to signify the beginning of the round.
- Starting with knit stitches, continue knitting in the rib stitch all around.
- Continue ribbing for as long as you want your ribbing to be.
- Make sure you pull the yarn tight when you change needles. Otherwise you will have ladders.
Learn how to knit ribbing in my previous article.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades