These lovely scarves have different names. I call it the Spiral Ruffle Scarf. It's easy to make and looks great in either a fine or a medium weight yarn. I made mine with softball cotton yarn and size 8 needles. Here are the videos and written directions:
1. Cast on 17 stitches... or any greater uneven number that can be divided in half plus one.
2. Row 1: Knit.
3. Row 2: Knit 2, turn and knit back.
4. Row 3: Knit 4, turn and knit back.
5. Row 4: Knit 6, turn and knit back.
6. Row 5: Knit 8, turn and knit back.
7. Row 6: Knit all 17 stitches.
8. Repeat rows 2 through 6.
Don't worry when it doesn't ruffle right away. It takes a while. Here's what it looks like before it starts to ruffle:
9. When your scarf is at the desired length, bind off.
- Both ends will form a V shape.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades