These lovely scarves have different names. I call it the Spiral Ruffle Scarf. It's easy to make and looks great in either a fine or a medium weight yarn. I made mine with softball cotton yarn and size 8 needles. Here are the videos and written directions:
1. Cast on 17 stitches... or any greater uneven number that can be divided in half plus one.
2. Row 1: Knit.
3. Row 2: Knit 2, turn and knit back.
4. Row 3: Knit 4, turn and knit back.
5. Row 4: Knit 6, turn and knit back.
6. Row 5: Knit 8, turn and knit back.
7. Row 6: Knit all 17 stitches.
8. Repeat rows 2 through 6.
Don't worry when it doesn't ruffle right away. It takes a while. Here's what it looks like before it starts to ruffle:
9. When your scarf is at the desired length, bind off.
- Both ends will form a V shape.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: