These lovely scarves have different names. I call it the Spiral Ruffle Scarf. It's easy to make and looks great in either a fine or a medium weight yarn. I made mine with softball cotton yarn and size 8 needles. Here are the videos and written directions:
1. Cast on 17 stitches... or any greater uneven number that can be divided in half plus one.
2. Row 1: Knit.
3. Row 2: Knit 2, turn and knit back.
4. Row 3: Knit 4, turn and knit back.
5. Row 4: Knit 6, turn and knit back.
6. Row 5: Knit 8, turn and knit back.
7. Row 6: Knit all 17 stitches.
8. Repeat rows 2 through 6.
Don't worry when it doesn't ruffle right away. It takes a while. Here's what it looks like before it starts to ruffle:
9. When your scarf is at the desired length, bind off.
- Both ends will form a V shape.