The Yarn Over (YO) edge is a nice way to increase. Here's how to do it for a Triangle Scarf.
- Cast on 1 stitch.
- Next row K that stitch and increase in that stitch so you have 2 stitches.
- Next row K those 2 stitches and increase so you have 3 stitches.
- Now to start the YO increases:
- Next row, and every row, Slip 1st stitch, *YO, K to the stitch BEFORE the last stitch, YO, K last stitch.
- Continue knitting till the triangle is as big as you want it to be. (I made a small one which is good for a child or for an adult to wear around the neck or as a head scarf.)
Binding off: To get a look that is similar to the edges here's how to bind off.
- Slip first stitch, *K1, YO, K2 tog., K1, repeat from * all the way across.
TIP: If you need the holes to be closer, skip the last K1 in between and just *K1, YO, K2 tog all the way across.
Finishing: You can leave it as it is and just weave the ends in at the bottom of the triangle and at the edge where you bound off OR you can add a tassel at the bottom edge.