How to Make a Pillow Using a Vintage Handkerchief
This project makes for a nice gift. This pillow was made for a baby, but with a change of the hankie, it could easily be made for the home. It's easy and fun. Here's the pillow back:
- Chose a pillow and measure it.
- Knit a piece that will fit 1/2 or 2/3 of the pillow.
- Bind off that piece.
- Knit another piece that is slightly longer than what's needed to cover the pillow.
- Sew the pieces together, leaving the opening to slide the pillow in.
- Sew the hankie onto the pieces.
- Slide the pillow in.
- You can add Velcro to hold the pieces together, if desired.
- If the pillow is for the home, add decorative buttons on the back.
Here's the pillow front. Unfortunately, you can't see the sweet little blue flowers on the hankie.