According to the UK's Daily Mail, a group of ladies have lovingly knitted their entire village.
"...A small group of very twinkly ladies started 23 years ago with a couple of cottages and some pigs, and ended up creating more than 60 properties, complete with wheelie bins, outdoor loos, gas tanks, cars in the driveways and even a smart red telephone box."
That's right, everything, even the church gravestones. Knitter Margaret Goldup says, "The lady who did the church knitted most of the graves when she was on a sunbathing holiday in Spain, which gave the other guests a bit of a jolt."
The village is true to scale, thanks to knitter Sheila Stead's late husband, Ron Stead. Ron surveyed the village, photographing all the properties, and ultimately producing accurate cardboard templates of each building.
Check out some photos of the knitted buildings with their paired sources below.
The Mitchell House
The Village Store
The Edensor Bungalow
The Old Gate House
The Royal Oak Pub
Picturesque High Street of Mersham village (complete with a natty striped car)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades