How to Add Color on Circular Needles When Knitting
Adding color on circular needles is as easy, if not easier than adding color on a straight needle. You can use this method for knitting stripes or simply just changing from one color to another.
Here's how to ADD COLOR ON A CIRCULAR NEEDLE.
- Take your new color and fold it over the left needle, leaving a tail.
- Knit the stitch.
- Knit 3 more stitches with the new color, using the tail to make double stitches.
- Drop what's left of the tail and continue knitting with the new color to the end of the row.
- When you start knitting the next row, be sure to knit the 3 double stitches as one.
- When you use the tail of the new color then knit the stitches on the next row, the tail will have been woven, so you don't have to do it later.
- Whenever you add a new color, remember to PUT THE NEW COLOR UNDER THE OLD COLOR so it won't leave a hole.
- For help on using circular needles, see "How to Knit on Circular Needles or Knit in the Round".