A fun thing to do in knitting is to experiment by trying the same stitch on different sizes of needles. A thin yarn knitted on a small sized needle will look totally different than a thin yarn on a medium sized needle. On the small needle the stitches will be tight. On a medium sized needle they will be looser and more lacy. If you knit it on a large sized needle it will look even more different and, in fact, very holey.
Try it to see what different looks you get, and then decide what you want to make. This technique is great for scarves. By using the same yarn, the same stitch, but different sized needles you can make many scarves and they will all look different. Give it a try and have fun with it.
Click here for a tutorial on making the lace-like stitch featured in the video above.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades