There will be times when you will want to knit an edging onto your work. Here's how to do it. It's best to use a smaller needle for edging than the one you used for the project.
- Go into every stitch on the edge with your needle.
- Put the stitches onto your needle as you PICK THEM UP.
- When you have PICKED UP all the stitches, you are ready to knit back.
- Using the same size needle as you used for the project, take the new ball of yarn and add it as you normally do.
- Using the tail, along with the new strand, knit all the stitches.
- Knit for as many rows as you want for your edging.
- Bind off all the stitches.