How to Pick Up Stitches on an Edge
There will be times when you will want to knit an edging onto your work. Here's how to do it. It's best to use a smaller needle for edging than the one you used for the project.
- Go into every stitch on the edge with your needle.
- Put the stitches onto your needle as you PICK THEM UP.
- When you have PICKED UP all the stitches, you are ready to knit back.
- Using the same size needle as you used for the project, take the new ball of yarn and add it as you normally do.
- Using the tail, along with the new strand, knit all the stitches.
- Knit for as many rows as you want for your edging.
- Bind off all the stitches.