Potholders are a good way to practice stitches and they make great gifts. Here's a nice seed and garter stitch potholder to make. You need to know only two stitches for this project - the GARTER STITCH and the SEED STITCH. Photo below is my potholder in progress. The white thread down the middle is my stitch marker.
Step 1 Cast on the number of stitches you want for your potholder.
Step 2 Knit to half way across the row.
Step 3 Place a stitch marker on the needle.
Step 4 Knit in Seed Stitch until the end of the row.
Step 5 Turn the work around.
Step 6 Continue knitting this pattern until the potholder is half as long as you want.
Step 7 Reverse the stitches.
Knitting Garter Stitch over the Seed Stitch half, and the Seed Stitch over the Garter Stitch half.
Step 8 Bind off and weave the tails in.
Step 9 Watch the videos for a demonstration.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades