There will be times when you've finished a project, such as a scarf, that you've already bound off, when you will realize it's not quite as long as you want it to be. You will have to unravel the bound off row, add more yarn, and then start knitting again.
Step 1 Start at the end where the tail is with the knit side facing you.
Step 2 Pull the 1st stitch through and then through again under both stitches.
Step 3 Put the stitch back on the needle. You will have 2 stitches.
Step 4 Turn the work to the purl side.
Step 5 Pull the next stitch off and under again.
- You will now have 3 stitches.
Step 6 Repeat this process until you come to the last stitch.
Step 7 Pull the last stitch through and back onto the needle.
- All the stitches will be on the needle.
Step 8 Turn the work around and start knitting.
- Use the size needle you used for the project.
- If some of the stitches are on the needle backwards, knit into the BACK of the stitch to turn it around.
- Watch the video below for a demonstration.